The MSR® Elixir 2 tent is an extremely livable performance backpacking tent and an ideal option for backpackers seeking an easy-to-assemble tent at a great value. Unlike many tents in this class, our freestanding tent design features two large doors, two large vestibules for storing gear, and true-to-size capacity for two. The versatile tent balances breathable mesh fabric with solid canopy fabric to provide ventilation, warmth and privacy, while the included footprint offers multiple setup options, including a freestanding Fast & Light pitch with rainfly. Whether youre planning your first backpacking trip or your next one, the Elixir 2the most livable backpacking tent in its classis your remedy.
Livable: Unique pole geometry optimizes headroom and fits two mats; adaptable rainfly allows for excellent views.
Fast & Light Setup: Includes an MSR Elixir Footprint that allows for a lightweight Fast & Light setup with rainfly.
Easy Setup: Freestanding system features color-coded poles, clips and webbing for fast and easy setup.
Privacy: Mesh and solid fabric panels offer ventilation, warmth and privacy.
- Color Green
- Capacity 2
- Minimum Weight 4 lbs 10 oz / 2.1 kg
- Packed Weight 5 lbs 13 oz / 2.64 kg
- Fast & Light® Minimum Weight w/ footprint 3 lbs 9 oz / 1.61 kg
- Vestibule Volume 18 (9 + 9) cu. ft / 510 (255 + 255) liters
- Floor Area 29 sq. ft / 2.69 sq. m
- Tent Volume 45 cu. ft / 1274 liters
- Vestibule Area 17.5 (8.75 + 8.75) sq. ft / 1.63 (.82 + .82) sq. m
- Frame Weight 1 lbs 6 oz / 610 g
- Interior Peak Height 40 in / 102 cm
- Packed Size 20 x 7 in / 51 x 17 cm
- Number of Doors 2
- Freestanding yes
- Number of Poles 2 7000 series aluminum
- Number of Stakes 6 Aluminum
- Rainfly Fabric 68D ripstop polyester 1500mm Polyurethane & DWR
- Canopy Fabric 40D ripstop nylon
- Mesh Type 20D nylon micromesh
- Floor Fabric 70 taffeta nylon 3000mm Durashield™ polyurethane & DWR
Elixir Series Overview
Elixir Series Setup
Understanding tent condensation