Click Thumbnail to View Image Click Image to Enlarge
| || |
|Paramo LadiesAlta III Waterproof Jacket|
| Product Code NAU40|
The Paramo Ladies Alta III is ideal for all walking activities to the highest level. Mountain walking involves exertion while moving, potentially being exposed to severe weather at height. To remain comfortable, you need efficient moisture control to prevent chilling, and ventilation options to reduce clothing changes. Walkers will often be carrying packs and using navigation equipment.
The Alta III Jacket uses tough, directional Nikwax Analogy Waterproof fabric for excellent protection and moisture management. Good venting options allow temperature control, combined with walker-friendly design features.
The Alta III Jacket has good ventilation options and a well-designed hood
Ventilation options limit the need for adding or shedding layers with easily accessible upper arm vents, two way front zip and sleeves that can be pushed up for cooling
Enhanced weather protection when carrying a rucksack provided by mesh reinforcement in the back panel
Excellent, practical storage for maps, GPS and for handwarming from generous, well-placed pockets.
Average Weight: 849g
- Upper arm vents with mesh Pump Liner for temperature control on the move without water ingress.
- Increased comfort when load-carrying from rapid-drying mesh Pump Liner reinforcement on shoulders and back.
- Four pockets for essential equipment:
- Two rucksack-friendly handwarming pockets.
- Large external map sized chest pocket with removable hook to attach compass/ GPS.
- Secure internal pocket.
- Wide field of vision from precisely adjustable, wired-peak hood which stows in collar. Works well with goggles, spectacles or tied-back hair.
- Shoulder and arm articulation gives maximum movement without jacket riding up.
- Two-way locking front zip with poppered internal storm flap allows ventilation and access to inner layers.
- Adjustable cuffs easily pushed up or rolled for cooling.
- Waist cord adjustment for precise fit. Concealed cords and locks throughout improve water/ snow shedding.
What it does: The Nikwax Analogy®
Pump Liner mimics the action of animal fur - pushing liquid water outwards to protect you from rain, condensation and perspiration, while protecting your insulation. This is combined with a Directional microfibre outer to deflect wind and rain.
- Two layer construction traps still air giving superior insulation to keep you warm
- Outer layer provides Directional water-repellency while the Pump Liner actively pushes liquid moisture away from the body keeping you dry from precipitation, perspiration and condensation
- Continues to work just as effectively even in high humidity or very cold conditions
- Water-repellency can be easily renewed for the lifetime of the garment with Nikwax Aftercare
- The fabric is soft, strong, silent and durable
How it works:
- Skin surface
- Parameta® S is shown here worn next to the skin, drawing water away to keep you dry
- Nikwax Analogy Pump Liner pumps water away from the body
- Closely woven microfibre outer provides windproofing and Nikwax durable water-repellency. Air is trapped between Pump Liner and outer to give insulation
- Wind and rain is deflected away from the body while perspiration and condensation as liquid water or water vapour can escape