The Mens Paramo Helki Jacket is a very versatile, hard-wearing jacket for all hill and valley activities. The Analogy® waterproof fabric gives fantastic protection and removes perspiration most effectively. There is excellent freedom of movement through clean lines and careful ergonomic design. The unrivalled hood design and intelligent pocketing provide comfort and practicality in all hill environments.
Adjustable hood with firm but shape-able peak for precise fit with or without hat, and will not compromise vision.
180° shoulder and arm articulation provides excellent freedom of movement, and avoids jacket pulling or riding up.
Pump Liner® reinforcement at shoulders and centre back for extra protection when carrying a pack and in heavy rain.
Ergonomically designed back, plus curved tail for protection.
Waist drawcord with hidden cords for clean look and improved water shedding.
Two-way front zip with internal storm flap.
Cuffs easily pushed up for cooling, with Pump Liner® to reduce moisture build-up.
Large OS map pocket on chest.
Internal smaller mesh pocket on chest for valuables.
Two handwarming pockets.
Hem drawcord provides temperature control, and prevents rucking when load carrying.
What it does: The Nikwax Analogy®
Pump Liner mimics the action of animal fur - pushing liquid water outwards to protect you from rain, condensation and perspiration, while protecting your insulation. This is combined with a Directional microfibre outer to deflect wind and rain.
- Two layer construction traps still air giving superior insulation to keep you warm
- Outer layer provides Directional water-repellency while the Pump Liner actively pushes liquid moisture away from the body keeping you dry from precipitation, perspiration and condensation
- Continues to work just as effectively even in high humidity or very cold conditions
- Water-repellency can be easily renewed for the lifetime of the garment with Nikwax Aftercare
- The fabric is soft, strong, silent and durable
How it works:
- Skin surface
- Parameta® S is shown here worn next to the skin, drawing water away to keep you dry
- Nikwax Analogy Pump Liner pumps water away from the body
- Closely woven microfibre outer provides windproofing and Nikwax durable water-repellency. Air is trapped between Pump Liner and outer to give insulation
- Wind and rain is deflected away from the body while perspiration and condensation as liquid water or water vapour can escape