Petzl I’D L
Self-braking descender with anti-panic function for rescue
The I’D L self-braking descender is primarily designed for rescue. It has an ergonomic handle that allows comfortable descent control.
The integrated anti-panic function and anti-error catch limit the risk of an accident due to user error.
The AUTO-LOCK system allows users to position themselves without having to manipulate the handle or tie off the device.
Once locked, the rope can be taken up without having to manipulate the handle.
- Designed for rescue
- Easy to use:
- safety gate on the moving side plate allows the rope to be installed easily while the device remains connected to the harness
- easy rope installation, thanks to the rope guide and markings
- anti-error catch to reduce the risk of an accident due to incorrect installation of the device on the rope
- ergonomic handle allows the rope to be released and enables comfortable control of the descent. Two possible descent modes: on the side plate or in the V-shaped friction channel
- anti-panic function automatically stops the descent if the user pulls too hard on the handle
- allows smooth movement along inclined or horizontal terrain
- AUTO-LOCK system allows users to position themselves without having to manipulate the handle or tie off the device: as soon as the user releases the handle, the rope is automatically locked in the device. The automatic return system on the handle limits the risk of the device getting accidentally snagged
- handle automatically switches to storage position when the rope is removed from the device, reducing the risk of accidental snagging when the descender is carried on the harness
- once locked, the rope can be taken up without having to manipulate the handle, for making a reversible haul system or for easy short ascents, for example
- cam can be manipulated for feeding out slack easily or for belaying a lead using climbing techniques
- the moving side plate locks with a screw, allowing the I’D L to be integrated into rescue kits
- an auxiliary brake, open or closed, may be added to improve descent control depending on the weight and rope diameter
- The stainless steel wear plate improves durability by reinforcing the rope friction zone
- Descending a heavy load up to 280 kg
Rope compatibility: 12.5 to 13 mm diameter
- Available in two colours: Red and Black
- Materials: Aluminum, Steel, Nylon
- Weight: 600 g
- Maximum working load for one person: 150 kg (more information in the Instructions for Use and in the technical tips at www.petzl.com)
- Maximum working load for two persons (rescue): 280 kg (more information in the Instructions for Use and in the technical tips at www.petzl.com)
- Certifications: EN 341 type 2 class A, CE EN 12841 type C, ANSI Z359.4, NFPA 1983 General Use, EAC - EN 341 type 2 class A when used with a VECTOR 12.5 mm rope - EN 12841 type C when used with a 12.5 to 13 mm EN 1891 A rope - ANSI Z359.4 when used with a 12.5 to 13 mm rope - NFPA 1983 General Use when used with a 12.5 to 13 mm rope
|Rope compatibility||12.5 to 13 mm||12.5 to 13 mm|
|Guarantee||3 years||3 years|